Opened 4 years ago
Closed 4 years ago
New point version
Changes between 3.0.4 and 3.0.5:
* Improve RTSP playback
* BluRay fixes and improvements, notably for menus and seeking
* Improve the UDP/RTP truncated issue
* Add a new AV1 decoder based on dav1d library
* Enable libaom decoder by default
* Fix decoding of some HEVC streams with macOS hardware decoding
* MP4: Fix reading of some HDR metadata
* Miscellaneous AV1 demuxing improvements
* Fix CAF integer-underflow
* Fix an MKV crash on iOS 12.0, on iPhone XS phones
* Add an AV1 packetizer
* Starting with VLC 3.0.5, VLC will be distributed with runtime hardening
enabled on macOS Mojave.
All external VLC plugins need to be signed by a DeveloperID certificate in order
to continue working with the official VLC package.
* Update the VLC dark UI to better match the dark mode of macOS Mojave
* Fix convert & save panel stream option
* Fix corking when the playback state is paused
* Improve corking on Android
* Fix Direct3D11 tone-mapping when HDR is displayed on an SDR screen
* More accurate colors for SD sources in Direct3D11
* Disable hardware decoding on some old Intel GPUs
* Fix zero-copy GPU acceleration on AMD RX Vega
* Misc Direct3D11 fixes
* Improve ChromeCast
* Update numerous 3rd party libraries, including for minor security issues
* Update Youtube support
* Fix subtitles rendering with specific fonts with negative horizontal advance
Fixed in revision 20879.
Changes between 3.0.5 and 3.0.6:
* Fix potential subtitle picture allocation failures
* Add support for 12 bits decoding of AV1
* Fix HDR support in AV1 when the container provides the metadata
I see that Tim updated this to version 3.0.5 three weeks ago, but forgot to mark the ticket fixed.
Updating to version 3.0.6 at revision 20981.
Powered by Trac 1.5.3.dev0
By Edgewall Software
© 1998-2022 Gerard Beekmans.