|Reported by:||Tim Tassonis||Owned by:||Tim Tassonis|
dhcpcd-7.2.2 has been released with the following fixes:
- DHCP: Ensure dhcp is running on the interface received from
- BSD: Link handling has been simplified, however it is expected
that if an interface supports SIOCGIFMEDIA then it reports the correct link status via route(4) for reliable operations
- BPF: ARP filter is more robust
- BSD and sun: Validate RTM message lengths
This security issue has been addressed
- DHCPv6: Fix a potential read overflow with D6_OPTION_PD_EXCLUDE
IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED YOU UPGRADE DHCPCD!
Patch for dhcpcd-7 if you don't want to upgrade to dhcpcd-7.2.2: https://roy.marples.name/cgit/dhcpcd.git/commit/?h=dhcpcd-7&id=c1ebeaafeb324bac997984abdcee2d4e8b61a8a8 https://roy.marples.name/cgit/dhcpcd.git/commit/?h=dhcpcd-7&id=896ef4a54b0578985e5e1360b141593f1d62837b
dhcpcd-6.11.7 has been released as well, with this in. I have no plans to fix earlier versions, heck you shouldn't even be using dhcpcd-6!
Many thanks to Maxime Villard <max@…> for discovering this issue.
FTP: ftp://roy.marples.name/pub/dhcpcd/dhcpcd-7.2.2.tar.xz HTTP: https://roy.marples.name/downloads/dhcpcd/dhcpcd-7.2.2.tar.xz FTP: ftp://roy.marples.name/pub/dhcpcd/dhcpcd-6.11.7.tar.xz HTTP: https://roy.marples.name/downloads/dhcpcd/dhcpcd-6.11.7.tar.xz