Opened 2 years ago
Closed 2 years ago
New point version.
This is a bugfix release that is API and ABI compatible
with previous 0.3.x releases.
- Many improvements to the pulse layer.
* GStreamer pulsesink element now works.
* Fixes some segfaults.
* Enable rtkit for client threads.
* fixes capture of monitor stream by name
* implement some more extensions, this makes paman
work and removes some warnings.
- Many improvements to the GStreamer elements
* negotiation rework, avoid calling GStreamer methods from
the PipeWire callbacks because they might block and cause
* Add support for non-string property values.
* improve stability after buffer and format
* Rework the device provider.
* pipewiresink can now provide a stream that can
be consumed by apps like cheese.
- Many improvements to the JACK layer:
* Rework the buffer_size callbacks. Make sure we call
the callback from a 'safe' thread and that we don't
call the process callback while the application is
handling the callback. This improves stability in
apps like Carla when PipeWire dynamically changes
the buffer size.
* Improve compatibility with apps that call
get_buffer_frames() with a 0 size (calfjackrack)
* JACK can now create nodes that can be set as a
sink/source in PulseAudio/ALSA apps (you can make an
effects rack and set that as default sink for
- Added a group id property for nodes. This makes it
possible to schedule nodes with the same driver even
when they are otherwise not linked together. To make
this work well a new flag needed to be added to nodes
to signal when they are ready for processing.
Together with the GStreamer fixes, this makes things
gst-launch-1.0 -v pipewiresrc path=51 stream-properties="props,node.group=1" !
audio/x-raw ! pipewiresink stream-properties="props,node.group=1"
work as expected with PipeWire managing the resampling
to keep the clocks of the devices in sync.
This can later also be used to force devices to be grouped
together to create a JACK-like scheduling group.
- Streams and filter now use PIPEWIRE_NODE and
PIPEWIRE_LATENCY env variables as fallback.
- ACP add per device port list. This makes UCM devices
expose the right ports.
- Fix some segfaults in ACP and UCM.
- make pw-cat use the metadata to find default devices.
- The media session can now save and load audio device
Profiles and Routes (volumes), stream volumes and
the default sink and sources.
Fixed at r23679
Powered by Trac 1.5.3.dev0
By Edgewall Software
© 1998-2022 Gerard Beekmans.