Opened 6 months ago
Closed 6 months ago
New point version
This is a bugfix release that is API and ABI compatible
with previous 0.3.x releases.
- Latency was reduced in ALSA and PulseAudio and time
reporting has improved a lot.
- Bluetooth now has a native HFP backed, SBC XQ and
- Many bugfixes and improvements, improved device
- PipeWire improvements
- pw-dump can now dump all objects such as Endpoints
- pw-dump has a -m option to monitor changes
- pw-dump can now dump metadata
- pw-stream can now use the rate-match io to exactly
produce the required number of samples for the
current cycle. When using this feature, a stream can
achieve the same low-latency as pw-filter.
- spa-acp-tool can now load a custom profile-set and
correctly parses the volume updates
- There is now a nofail option when loading modules
- The connection has been made reentrant to fix some
strange random problems with metadata.
- Turn some errors into warnings or simply info.
- Executables are now built with PIE
- S24OE formats should work now (MAudio FastTrack Pro)
- Remove mlock warnings. Add support for mlockall with
a config option.
- There are now config files for bluez and v4l2 modules
- Improve ALSA device and node properties
- Bluetooth devices have better properties now.
- The default device routing has been improved.
- Device support
- Port priorities are updated for UCM devices
- ACP devices notify change in routes in all cases
- There is now RW support in ALSA devices to increase
- Many improvements to Bluetooth. SBC XQ support can now
be enabled with a config option. mSBC can be enabled
with an option.
- Bluetooth devices not expose Routes so that they look
more like how PulseAudio handles them
- Gracefully handle missing profile-sets
- There is now a native HFP backend
- Improve card names in some cases.
- pause-on-idle is now disabled for ALSA devices. This can
reduce pops and clicks when the device is stopped.
- ALSA plugin
- Use rate-match to reduce the latency
- Implement a _delay() function to get smoother timestamps.
- Fix property parsing. Fixes volume changes in alsamixer.
- PulseAudio server
- Use rate-match to reduce the latency. This also reduces
the buffering in audioconvert and improves timestamp
- Implement rate changes now that we have rate-match
- pactl stats will now work
- Fix excessive memory usage when a capture client doesn't
read fast enough.
Fixed at r24155
Powered by Trac 1.5.3.dev0
By Edgewall Software
© 1998-2021 Gerard Beekmans.