Opened 19 months ago
Closed 19 months ago
Last modified 18 months ago
New minor version.
I'll get Jasper and Glib in at my next commit.
No release notes seem to be available for 5.7 yet, but at least the ones for 5.6.1 finally are! We'll have to check back later for 5.7 I think.
Fixed at r24176
Still no release notes yet. I'll check back later in the week.
== New Features ==
* There is a new config section for templates used by hg commands. It
is called `[command-templates]`. Some existing config options have
been deprecated in favor of config options in the new
section. These are: `ui.logtemplate` to `command-templates.log`,
`ui.graphnodetemplate` to `command-templates.graphnode`,
`ui.mergemarkertemplate` to `command-templates.mergemarker`,
* There is a new set of config options for the template used for the
one-line commit summary displayed by various commands, such as `hg
rebase`. The main one is `command-templates.oneline-summary`. That
can be overridden per command with
`command-templates.oneline-summary.<command>`, where `<command>`
can be e.g. `rebase`. As part of this effort, the default format
from `hg rebase` was reorganized a bit.
* `hg strip`, from the strip extension, is now a core command, `hg
debugstrip`. The extension remains for compatibility.
* `hg diff` and `hg extdiff` now support `--from <rev>` and `--to <rev>`
arguments as clearer alternatives to `-r <revs>`. `-r <revs>` has been
* The memory footprint per changeset during pull/unbundle
operations has been further reduced.
* There is a new internal merge tool called `internal:mergediff` (can
be set as the value for the `merge` config in the `[ui]`
section). It resolves merges the same was as `internal:merge` and
`internal:merge3`, but it shows conflicts differently. Instead of
showing 2 or 3 snapshots of the conflicting pieces of code, it
shows one snapshot and a diff. This may be useful when at least one
side of the conflict is similar to the base. The new marker style
is also supported by "premerge" as
* External hooks are now called with `HGPLAIN=1` preset. This has the side
effect of ignoring aliases, templates, revsetaliases, and a few other config
options in any `hg` command spawned by the hook. The previous behavior
can be restored by setting HGPLAINEXCEPT appropriately in the parent process.
See `hg help environment` for the list of items, and how to set it.
* The `branchmap` cache is updated more intelligently and can be
significantly faster for repositories with many branches and changesets.
== New Experimental Features ==
* `experimental.single-head-per-branch:public-changes-only` can be used
restrict the single head check to public revision. This is useful for
overlay repository that have both a publishing and non-publishing view
of the same storage.
== Bug Fixes ==
== Backwards Compatibility Changes ==
* `--force-lock` and `--force-wlock` options on `hg debuglock` command are
renamed to `--force-free-lock` and `--force-free-wlock` respectively.
== Internal API Changes ==
Finally found some!
Powered by Trac 1.5.3.dev0
By Edgewall Software
© 1998-2022 Gerard Beekmans.