Opened 6 months ago
Closed 6 months ago
New point version
I'll get Jasper and Glib in at my next commit.
This is a bugfix release that is API and ABI compatible
with previous 0.3.x releases.
- Many PulseAudio compatibility fixes. Handling of corked
streams, the prebuf setting, seek modes and stream flags
are now implemented correctly.
- Ports and Profiles are now managed by the session manager
and can save and restore previous settings.
- ALSA device handling has been tweaked for maximum
compatibility at the expense of latency. There are tuning
options in the config file.
- Improved Bluetooth support. HSP is disabled by default
because it is old and deprecated and in some cases causes
conflicts with the newer HFP profile. Codec switching is
now implemented as well.
- PipeWire accepts donations with liberapay now.
- PipeWire improvements
- Improve draining in pw-stream.
- pw-stream now uses busy metadata by default. This makes sure
that no writer can write to buffers when readers are still
- Fix handling of empty array/choice instead of failing.
- Fix crashes when creating properties from empty strings.
- Make it possible to pass an array to module-access
- Fix small bug in argument parsing in pw-cat
- Restore route volumes in all cases, also when switching
- Use a default route volume for unknown routes instead of
letting the system decide on a default.
- Improve profile handling. Don't try to restore unavailable
profiles. Implement the profile switching in the session
- Fix handling of Virtual sources as defaults.
- Handle port switching in the session manager. Implement
save and restore of default ports per profile.
- Fix a crash with zero SPA_PARAM_BUFFERS_size
- Device support
- v4l2-source will now respect the requested memory types.
- ALSA buffering has been tweaked. USB devices should have
less XRuns by default. Parameters can be tweaked to
decrease the latency on capable devices. Also fix a case
where a quantum change would cause an xrun.
- Fix mute in bluetooth devices
- bluetooth devices are not paused in idle anymore for
- Codec switching for bluetooth is implemented along with
config options to select the codecs manually.
- HSP for bluetooth is now disabled by default. Most devices
support the newer HFP profile and some devices fail when
both are available.
- Reduce the amount of events the ALSA plugins emit by bundling
- PulseAudio server
- Implement the suspend command
- Fixes volume in sample info
- Fix playback of samples, sometimes samples would be clipped
short. Also implement the target sink for the sample.
- Use rate match to feed samples. This way the latency can
be kept to a minimum.
- Latency has been tuned some more, more closely emulating
- Improve default sink/source handling. Make sure all events
are sent correctly when defaults change.
- Handle underrun better without causing sync issues. Make sure
to pause in corked state.
- Implement rewind due to seeks, fixes GStreamer seeking.
Fixed at r24176
Powered by Trac 1.5.3.dev0
By Edgewall Software
© 1998-2021 Gerard Beekmans.