Opened 18 months ago
Closed 18 months ago
New point version
Git v2.30.1 Release Notes
This release is primarily to merge fixes accumulated on the 'master'
front to prepare for 2.31 release that are still relevant to 2.30.x
Fixes since v2.30
* "git fetch --recurse-submodules" failed to update a submodule
when it has an uninitialized (hence of no interest to the user)
sub-submodule, which has been corrected.
* Command line error of "git rebase" are diagnosed earlier.
* "git stash" did not work well in a sparsely checked out working
* Some tests expect that "ls -l" output has either '-' or 'x' for
group executable bit, but setgid bit can be inherited from parent
directory and make these fields 'S' or 's' instead, causing test
* "git for-each-repo --config=<var> <cmd>" should not run <cmd> for
any repository when the configuration variable <var> is not defined
* "git mergetool --tool-help" was broken in 2.29 and failed to list
all the available tools.
* Fix for procedure to building CI test environment for mac.
* Newline characters in the host and path part of git:// URL are
* When more than one commit with the same patch ID appears on one
side, "git log --cherry-pick A...B" did not exclude them all when a
commit with the same patch ID appears on the other side. Now it
* Documentation for "git fsck" lost stale bits that has become
* Doc for packfile URI feature has been clarified.
* The implementation of "git branch --sort" wrt the detached HEAD
display has always been hacky, which has been cleaned up.
* Our setting of GitHub CI test jobs were a bit too eager to give up
once there is even one failure found. Tweak the knob to allow
other jobs keep running even when we see a failure, so that we can
find more failures in a single run.
Also contains minor documentation updates and code clean-ups.
Fixed at r24202
Powered by Trac 1.5.3.dev0
By Edgewall Software
© 1998-2022 Gerard Beekmans.