Opened 5 months ago
Closed 5 months ago
New point version
NEWS for the Nettle 3.7.1 release
This is primarily a bug fix release, fixing a couple of
problems found in Nettle-3.7.
The new version is intended to be fully source and binary
compatible with Nettle-3.6. The shared library names are
libnettle.so.8.2 and libhogweed.so.6.2, with sonames
libnettle.so.8 and libhogweed.so.6.
* Fix bug in chacha counter update logic. The problem affected
ppc64 and ppc64el, with the new altivec assembly code
enabled. Reported by Andreas Metzler, after breakage in
GnuTLS tests on ppc64.
* Support for big-endian ARM platforms has been restored.
Fixes contributed by Michael Weiser.
* Fix build problem on OpenBSD/powerpc64, reported by Jasper
* Fix corner case bug in ECDSA verify, it would produce
incorrect result in the unlikely case of an all-zero
message hash. Reported by Guido Vranken.
* Support for pbkdf2_hmac_sha384 and pbkdf2_hmac_sha512,
contributed by Nicolas Mora.
* Poorly performing ARM Neon code for doing single-block
Salsa20 and Chacha has been deleted. The code to do two or
three blocks in parallel, introduced in Nettle-3.7, is
Fixed at r24234
Powered by Trac 1.5.3.dev0
By Edgewall Software
© 1998-2021 Gerard Beekmans.