Opened 7 months ago
Closed 6 months ago
Last modified 7 weeks ago
New point version.
This is a bugfix release that is API and ABI compatible
with previous 0.3.x releases.
- Fixes for some critical bugs in last release.
- Fix bug where audio was not drained properly at the end of
playback, causing repeating sound.
- Profile and route switching was improved and should mimic
more what pulseaudio did.
- Various fixes for xruns in capture and playback.
- Bluetooth now supports delay adjustment and various other
- The pulseaudio server now correctly identifies AC3 and DTS
streams and returns a not supported error instead of playing
- Multichannel support was improved in the alsa plugin and
the channel mixer. Channels should now play on the right
speakers in all cases.
- PipeWire improvements
- Small fixes and improvements in JSON parsing and encoding.
- Improvements to param handling in audioconverter. It would
previously not always notify of changes.
- Avoid updating some properties that we use internally such
as the object id and the node.id.
- log.level in the config files is now actually used.
- the PIPEWIRE_LATENCY env variable should always override
any application settings in filter/stream/jack.
- The config file can now contain filer and stream properties
to, for example, control the resampler, mixer and latency.
- Add sandboxing to the systemd services
- Various FreeBSD fixes.
- Improve draining and a way to exit the drain state as well.
- Many multichannel fixes. Channel remapping should now be
- Fix bug with repeating audio at the end of playback because
the drain in the resampler was not draining all channels.
- RTKit default rt.prio has been increased to 88. This will
likely still be clamped to 20 until distros increase the
- Don't try to switch to Pro Audio profile, this should be
a user choice only.
- Don't crash when metadata was disabled such as when not
using the audio features of pipewire.
- Rework the profile and route handling.
- Add systemd unit files for the media-session
- Device names should now also have sane names so that tab
pactl completion works on them.
- Device support
- Fix ALSA format enumeration in more cases. Use the channels
and rate as a filter.
- Make sure the graph doesn't ever use buffers larger than
the alsa device buffer size or we get xruns.
- Tuning of the alsa device timeout handling and dynamic
resampler. There should now not be any xruns when streams
appear and disappear or when the quantum changes.
- Fix bug in alsa device when reassigning to a new driver,
in some cases the dynamic resampler was not activated and
things would drift out of sync and fail.
- Fixes in quantum changes for ALSA capture and how the
resampler is drained and fed with the new samples.
- Delay adjustment has been implemented now. Bluetooth
devices should now be more synchronized with video due
to proper delay reporting. Because BT delays can be
large, it can cause hickups in some players.
- Fix volume in bluetooth devices.
- Codec switch improvements.
- PulseAudio server
- Latency offset adjustment is now implemented and functional
for bluetooth devices. It is not working for alsa devices
- Handle unsupported formats. Previously we would accept encoded
formats and play noise. This fixes AC3 playback in vlc.
- Move some of the configurable parameters to the config file.
- Fix a fatal use after free when playing samples
- Improve module handling. loaded modules now show up in the
list of modules and can be unloaded. This also prepares the
core for more module implementations later.
- ALSA plugin
- Fix drain with very large buffers, we need to manually start
the stream before draining.
- Fix the channel layout handling.
- Improve compatibility with apps that expect the poll to only
return when there is activity.
- Fix drain for capture
- Add a config option to shorten and filter client names
- Increase the length of the client name size and make sure
we don't exceed the allocated size.
- We now include our own jack header files so we can build
without depending on another jack-devel package. We don't
yet install the headers or provide pkgconfig files.
Fixed at r24358
Powered by Trac 1.5.3.dev0
By Edgewall Software
© 1998-2021 Gerard Beekmans.