Opened 16 years ago

Closed 14 years ago

#1522 closed defect (fixed)

make xconfig error when using the first Qt Installation method

Reported by: gamehead20@… Owned by: dnicholson@…
Priority: normal Milestone: 6.3
Component: BOOK Version: SVN
Severity: normal Keywords:
Cc:

Description (last modified by bdubbs@…)

When you use the first Qt Installation method. Doing make xconfig in the kernel directory results in:

Unable to find the QT installation. Please make sure that the

  • QT development package is correctly installed and the QTDIR
  • environment variable is set to the correct location. * make[1]: * [scripts/kconfig/.tmp_qtcheck] Error 1 make: * [xconfig] Error 2

This might go for other programs that depend on qt though I'm not sure.

I've done some reasearch and have found it's because the first method "is slightly non-standard I think, the standard is to have all of qt (libs, bins and includes) under the general path $QTDIR"

see: http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/sm-discuss/2004-February/005323.html

Change History (10)

comment:1 by tushar@…, 16 years ago

Owner: changed from blfs-book@… to tushar@…

comment:2 by tushar@…, 16 years ago

Status: newassigned

comment:3 by Chris Staub, 16 years ago

This issue has been fixed in the latest rc releases of the 2.6.16 kernel.

comment:4 by bdubbs@…, 15 years ago

Description: modified (diff)
Milestone: future6.2
Priority: highnormal
Version: c-6.0a-SVN

I can't confim this problem or check its solution since I use the /opt method for qt. Tushar, would you please check this problem out against linux 2.6.16.x and close the ticket if it is indeed fixed.

comment:5 by Chris Staub, 15 years ago

Just a reminder that this issue has been fixed in the latest release kernels. A BLFS editor needs to confirm this and close the ticket.

comment:6 by bdubbs@…, 15 years ago

Owner: changed from tushar@… to blfs-book@…
Status: assignednew

comment:7 by Randy McMurchy, 15 years ago

Milestone: 6.2.06.2.1

comment:8 by dnicholson@…, 14 years ago

I think I know what the issue is, and I think I have a patch to fix it. If you do the standard Qt installation, you have $QTDIR/include with all the headers there, such as $QTDIR/include/qt.h. However, if you set QTDIR=/usr, you would have to use $QTDIR/include/qt/qt.h. This is not what all Qt using applications expect.

A solution I found at Paldo is to use QTDIR=/usr/share/qt (which already exists) and to make symlinks to the needed bin, include, and lib directories.

This also was a problem with the doxygen component doxywizard. See here:

http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/blfs-dev/2007-May/017220.html

comment:9 by dnicholson@…, 14 years ago

Milestone: 6.2.16.3
Owner: changed from blfs-book@… to dnicholson@…
Status: newassigned

comment:10 by dnicholson@…, 14 years ago

Resolution: fixed
Status: assignedclosed

Closing. It still works with the new Qt /usr install I added in r6800.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.