slrn-0.9.8.1 fails with s-lang-2.0.5
|Reported by:||Richard A Downing||Owned by:|
The current svn instructions fail as follows:
... if gcc -Dunix -DSLRN_LIB_DIR=\"/usr/lib/slrn\" -DSHAREDIR=\"/usr/share/slrn\" -DSYSCONFDIR=\"/etc\" -I. -I. -I. -I. -I../intl -g -O2 -MT art.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/art.Tpo" -c -o art.o art.c; \ then mv -f ".deps/art.Tpo" ".deps/art.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/art.Tpo"; exit 1; fi art.c: In function 'slrn_search_article': art.c:759: error: storage size of 'st' isn't known .... more errors...
The first error is for a declaration:
but I can't find ANY declaration of SLsearch_Type in any file of the source.
Dan Nicholson says: Judging by the name, I'm guessing it's an SLang function, and the API has probably changed since slrn-0.9.8.1 released Oct. 2004. Yeah, I found it in slang-2.0.5/src/slang.h. Browsing the CVS of slrn, it looks like someone by the name of JED submitted a bunch of patches for slang 2 support. I think this is the one you're choking on:
NOTE: slrn is about to be released with utf-8 support, it might be better to wait for that than bust a gut fixing this. I confirm that the cvs compiles and runs with s-lang-2.0.5.