Opened 9 years ago

Closed 9 years ago

Last modified 9 years ago

#4167 closed enhancement (fixed)

soprano-2.9.4

Reported by: bdubbs@… Owned by: Igor Živković
Priority: normal Milestone:
Component: BOOK Version: SVN
Severity: normal Keywords:
Cc:

Description

New point version

Change History (9)

comment:1 by Igor Živković, 9 years ago

Owner: changed from blfs-book@… to Igor Živković
Status: newassigned

comment:2 by Igor Živković, 9 years ago

Soprano now requires CLucene. CLucene upstream doesn't release tarballs any more but there is a 2.3.3.4 tag in their git repository. I was going to restore CLucene from archives and update it to that tag but the instructions will require git and there won't be any download links.

Are there any objections or perhaps better ideas how to handle this?

comment:3 by bdubbs@…, 9 years ago

We can take their tree and make a tarball. We then can host the tarball on anduin.

comment:4 by Igor Živković, 9 years ago

All right. I think the correct way to do it is:

git clone git://clucene.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/clucene/clucene cd clucene git checkout tags/clucene-src-2.3.3.4 rm -rf .git

Then create the tarball.

comment:5 by rt, 9 years ago

Are you certain that it requires clucene now? It builds and runs just fine on my system without clucene. I don't even have to use the disable clucene switch...

comment:6 by Igor Živković, 9 years ago

I can't even get it to configure before the build:


-- Soprano Components that will be built:

  • Redland storage backend
  • Virtuoso storage backend (Run-time dependency: Virtuoso)
  • Raptor RDF parser (including TriG parser)
  • Raptor RDF serializer

-- Soprano Components that will NOT be built:

  • Sesame2 storage backend (java-based)
  • The CLucene-based full-text search index library
  • D-Bus server/client support

CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND. Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files: CLUCENE_LIBRARY (ADVANCED)

linked by target "sopranod" in directory /home/izivkov/soprano-2.9.4/server linked by target "sopranocmd" in directory /home/izivkov/soprano-2.9.4/tools

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

Looking at the diff -Naur between 2.9.3 and 2.9.4 I found:

+
+# On Linux, Soprano needs both clucene-core and clucene-shared
+# CLUCENE_LIBRARIES contains both entries if available
+set(CLUCENE_LIBRARIES ${CLUCENE_LIBRARY})

comment:7 by rt, 9 years ago

Hmm, very strange. I managed to build and install the package the first time without problems, but on subsequent attempts it fails complaining about missing clucene. I guess we will have to re-add clucene to the book.

comment:8 by Igor Živković, 9 years ago

Resolution: fixed
Status: assignedclosed

Fixed at revision 11989.

comment:9 by bdubbs@…, 9 years ago

Milestone: current

Milestone current deleted

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.