Opened 9 years ago
Closed 9 years ago
Last modified 9 years ago
This seems to be considered a release, but only available using git:
2013-11-15 v1.3.0 "Forest"
This release introduces the VP9 codec in a backward-compatible way.
All existing users of VP8 can continue to use the library without
modification. However, some VP8 options do not map to VP9 in the same manner.
The VP9 encoder in this release is not feature complete. Users interested in
the encoder are advised to use the git master branch and discuss issues on
libvpx mailing lists.
This release is ABI and API compatible with Duclair (v1.0.0). Users
of older releases should refer to the Upgrading notes in this document
for that release.
Get rid of bashisms in the main build scripts
Added usage info on command line options
Add lossless compression mode
Dll build of libvpx
Add additional Mac OS X targets: 10.7, 10.8 and 10.9 (darwin11-13)
Add option to disable documentation
configure: add --enable-external-build support
make: support V=1 as short form of verbose=yes
configure: support mingw-w64
configure: support hardfloat armv7 CHOSTS
configure: add support for android x86
Add estimated completion time to vpxenc
Don't exit on decode errors in vpxenc
vpxenc: support scaling prior to encoding
vpxdec: support scaling output
vpxenc: improve progress indicators with --skip
msvs: Don't link to winmm.lib
Add a new script for producing vcxproj files
Produce Visual Studio 10 and 11 project files
Produce Windows Phone project files
msvs-build: use msbuild for vs >= 2005
configure: default configure log to config.log
Add encoding option --static-thresh
Miscellaneous speed optimizations for VP8 and VP9.
In general, quality is consistent with the Eider release.
- Bug Fixes:
This release represents approximately a year of engineering effort,
and contains multiple bug fixes. Please refer to git history for details.
I have produced libvpx-v1.3.0.tar.xz with directory name convention as in the book (tarball in the book is bz2), after removing .git .gitattributes .gitignore.
Have made a DESTDIR build and am now going to install and test.
Please, comments and/or objections are welcome.
Build and install fine.
It is working fine with ffmpeg, then, tested that ffmpeg builds without problem.
Shall I update the book?
BTW, I did not use
sed -i 's/cp -p/cp/' build/make/Makefile &&
chmod -v 644 vpx/*.h &&
$ ls -l /usr/include/vpx
-rw-rw-r-- 1 fernando fernando 4045 Dez 8 08:30 svc_context.h
-rw-rw-r-- 1 fernando fernando 12005 Dez 8 08:30 vp8cx.h
-rw-rw-r-- 1 fernando fernando 3363 Dez 8 08:30 vp8dx.h
-rw-rw-r-- 1 fernando fernando 5108 Dez 8 08:30 vp8.h
-rw-rw-r-- 1 fernando fernando 19592 Dez 8 08:30 vpx_codec.h
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 633 Mai 8 2012 vpx_codec_impl_bottom.h
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 641 Mai 8 2012 vpx_codec_impl_top.h
-rw-rw-r-- 1 fernando fernando 14106 Dez 8 08:30 vpx_decoder.h
-rw-rw-r-- 1 fernando fernando 36933 Dez 8 08:30 vpx_encoder.h
-rw-rw-r-- 1 fernando fernando 10712 Dez 8 08:30 vpx_image.h
This was uncompressed, built and installed as root. Have checked with an all unprivileged build/DEST-install, only difference is that the two "root:root" are "fernando:fernando".
So, chown is necessary, but I ma not sure about the other two instructions. Going to check Makefile.
$ grep 'cp -p' build/make/Makefile
$(qexec)cp -p $$< $$@
Thus, the sed seems necessary too. But do we need to change 664 into 644 in the installed files?
OK. Just the sed corrected everything, but I get 664, not 644 for the headers under /usr/include/vpx:
$ ls -l /usr/include/vpx
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 4045 Dez 8 12:17 svc_context.h
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 12005 Dez 8 12:17 vp8cx.h
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 3363 Dez 8 12:17 vp8dx.h
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 5108 Dez 8 12:17 vp8.h
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 19592 Dez 8 12:17 vpx_codec.h
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 14106 Dez 8 12:17 vpx_decoder.h
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 36933 Dez 8 12:17 vpx_encoder.h
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 10712 Dez 8 12:17 vpx_image.h
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 1380 Dez 8 12:17 vpx_integer.h
Hmm, strange that a tarball has not been released yet. Maybe this is a pre-release tag. I can see that at least Arch has added the package, so I guess we could update it too.
The permissions for the header files should definitely be changed to 644.
OK. Thanks, Ragnar.
I only mentioned the doubt about permissions, because in the thread, the discussion was that the headers had the permission 0640, and it seemed to me that the last "0" was the problem.
Fixed at r12358.
Milestone current deleted
Powered by Trac 1.5.3.dev0
By Edgewall Software
© 1998-2022 Gerard Beekmans.