Opened 4 years ago

Closed 4 years ago

Last modified 4 years ago

#9590 closed enhancement (fixed)

inkscape-0.92.2

Reported by: ken@… Owned by: ken@…
Priority: normal Milestone: 8.1
Component: BOOK Version: SVN
Severity: normal Keywords:
Cc:

Description

Release notes at https://inkscape.org/en/release/0.92.2/, download from https://inkscape.org/en/release/0.92.2/source/archive/dl/bz2/ (if I've copied that correctly).

Builds ok with cmake, no test or check targets, DESTDIR install looks ok

Using autogen and configure make ends with a warning about bad markup in translations, but has status 0 - the DESTDIR install has lots more warnings about bad markup. Make check appears to work (some tests skipped because I do not have numpy installed) but again has lots of output from translations and ends in error, I think from the markup (unclosed tags).

The cmake build continues to install /usr/lib/inkscape which contains libinkscape_base.so as well as various redundant static libsomename_LIB.a (redundant because no headers or pc files, so nothing will use them).

The cmake build installs inkscape-logo.svg in /usr/share/inkscape/branding.

The autogen build installs an appdata directory with some xml, and French, Japanese manpages, both install German, Greek, Slovak, Taiwanese manpages.

Not tested, I'm going to install mine using cmake.

Change History (7)

comment:1 by ken@…, 4 years ago

I didn't measure the builds, but the DESTDIR-installed autogen version is 563MB, cmake's is 131MB. The autogen progs (inkscape, inkview) are each 232MB, the cmake versions are 83K and 33K, both using a shared 22MB libinkscape_base.so with about another 8MB in the redundant static libs.

comment:2 by bdubbs@…, 4 years ago

Sounds like the autotools files are not set up properly (possibly static libs). Just go with cmake.

in reply to:  2 comment:3 by ken@…, 4 years ago

Replying to bdubbs@…:

Sounds like the autotools files are not set up properly (possibly static libs). Just go with cmake.

Well, the whole point of 0.92 - for upstream - was to move to cmake, so the autotools stuff is not maintained.

For tests, it is possible that some can be run if the correct google test package(s) have been downloaded.

I've also got to revisit my past notes to work out why the bucket fill tool doesn't seem to be working (I've had that in the past, ISTR it's some sort of configuration issue - I think I've provided the required dependencies.

If I sort that, I can take this using cmake, but maybe not for a few days.

comment:4 by ken@…, 4 years ago

Owner: changed from blfs-book@… to ken@…
Status: newassigned

I managed to get some success with the bucket fill (managed to draw a series of lines to form a triangle-ish shape, successfully filled it). I'm now investigating the deps.

comment:5 by ken@…, 4 years ago

Correct download link is [ https://media.inkscape.org/dl/resources/file/inkscape-0.92.2.tar.bz2 ]

There are tests, with a bash script to download them, and they work.

I plan to add the deps which were recommended by upstream for 0.92 - libpotrace (there was a shipped old version in 0.91, it is needed for the bucket fill etc), and at runtime libxml (currently in the systemd book) and scour - both needed for Save As Optimized SVG.

comment:6 by ken@…, 4 years ago

Resolution: fixed
Status: assignedclosed

Done at r19013.

comment:7 by ken@…, 4 years ago

Really done at r19014.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.