New minor version (was new point version).
NEWS - OpenPrinting CUPS Filters v1.17.2 - 2017-08-25
CHANGES IN V1.17.2
- libcupsfilters: Fixed outstanding bug in PCLm with JPEG (DCT)
compression. Now PCLm support is completely working.
CHANGES IN V1.17.1
- libcupsfilters: Added direct PNG printing to the PPD
generator, the one of CUPS has it, too.
- libcupsfilters: In the PPD file generator renamed the option
"cupsPrintQuality" into the IPP name "print-quality" as CUPS
does not update the "print-quality=4" entry in the filter
command line based on the setting of "cupsPrintQuality"
(CUPS issue #5090).
- libcupsfilters: Completely redone the way how to determine
the resolutions to use for the default resolution and print
quality option in the PPDs generated for IPP
printers. Resolution lists from IPP attributes are now read
into sorted, duplicate-free lists with wrong resolutions
removed or fixed. Resolutions actually used are the common
ones between the supported PDLs, PDls with inferior maximum
resolution or with broken resolution list are skipped
(Debian bug #868360, Ubuntu bug #1712019, CUPS issue #5088,
CUPS issue #5091).
- rastertopdf: Prefer RLE compression instead of Flate as
there are HP printers where Flate is buggy.
- Build system: Fixed help mesage for "--enable-driverless"
configure option (Bug #1405).
CHANGES IN V1.17.0
- rastertopdf, rastertopclm, driverless, cups-browsed,
libcupsfilters: Added support for the PCLm output format for
driverless printing on Mopria and Wi-Fi Direct
printers. This is the Google Summer of Code 2017 project of
Sahil Arora (sahilarora dot 535 at gmail dot com). Thank you
very much for your great work! The PCLm support requires
QPDF 7.0.0 or later.
CHANGES IN V1.16.4
- Build system: Switched over to C11 standard with GNU
- Build system: Removed -pedantic flag as it is only needed
for compatibility with commercial compilers like the ones of
Windows (and we use GNU extensions anyway).
- libfontembed, texttopdf: reverted removal of anonymous
CHANGES IN V1.16.3
- libfontembed: Reverted unneeded soname change.
CHANGES IN V1.16.2
- README: Minimum CUPS requirement of cups-filters is CUPS
1.4.x. It does not build with earlier CUPS versions (Bug
- driverless, foomatic-rip: Create relative symbolic links.
- All C/C++ files: Silenced all compiler warnings, at least
the ones appearing when building on Ubuntu Linux 17.10 with
- README: Updated the introduction section to reflect the
current functionality of cups-filters, and the build
requirements for the Poppler-based filters (C++11: Bug
#1404, Build configuration of Poppler: Bug #1257). Thanks to
Roland Hieber (r dot hieber at pengutronix dot de) to find
out about this.
- pdftoopvp, bannertopdf, pdftoraster: Build with C++11
standard as some features of this standard are needed by
these filters (or by Poppler). Thanks to Roland Hieber (r
dot hieber at pengutronix dot de) for the patch (Bug #1404).