Opened 7 years ago
Closed 7 years ago
New point version.
** New features:
- Libltdl maintains its own fork of argz, with macros and files in
the LT_ and lt__ namespaces (resp.) where they cannot clash with
client projects' use of gnulib argz.
** Bug fixes:
- Installation of 'libtoolize' once again obeys '--program-prefix',
'--program-suffix' and '--program-transform-name' configure options.
- `libtoolize` doesn't remove any files that it can't reinstall,
including old versions of the snippet directory, and gnulib's
version of the argz module and supporting files.
- LT_FUNC_DLYSM_USCORE now works correctly on systems that don't
support self dlopen()ing.
** Important incompatible changes:
- LT_LIB_DLLOAD no longer prepends -ldl or -ldld to LIBS, causing
duplicate occurrences in libltdl link lines. If you need to
add a library for dlopen() or shl_load() in your Makefile, then
use $(LIBADD_DLOPEN) or $(LIBADD_SHL_LOAD) respectively. If you
are using libltdl, this all happens automatically, and the only
difference you'll see is no more duplicated library names in the
verbose link line.
** Changes in supported systems or compilers:
- Preliminary support for tcc on linux*. Although it already worked
sometimes in previous releases, making sure to set LD correctly now
avoids mis-matching GNU ld with tcc:
./configure CC=tcc LD=tcc
- Added -os2dllname option to work around 8 character base name
limit on OS/2. The option has no effect on other systems.
- Support for DLL versioning, -export-symbols and -export-symbols-regex
- Support filename-based shared library versioning on AIX. See manual
Fixed at revision 10801.
Tests now take considerably longer than before (11 SBU).
Powered by Trac 1.5.3.dev0
By Edgewall Software
© 1998-2021 Gerard Beekmans.