Opened 5 years ago
Closed 5 years ago
#4200 closed task (fixed)
|Reported by:||Owned by:|
New minor version.
As of right now, it is not at the normal download site, https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/binutils/
But it is at ftp://sourceware.org/pub/binutils/snapshots/
Changes in 2.30:
- Add --debug-dump=links option to readelf and --dwarf=links option to objdump which displays the contents of any .gnu_debuglink or .gnu_debugaltlink sections.
- Add a --debug-dump=follow-links option to readelf and a --dwarf=follow-links option to objdump which causes indirect links into separate debug info files to be followed when dumping other DWARF sections.
Changes in 2.30:
- Add support for loaction views in DWARF debug line information.
ld changes: Changes in 2.30:
- Add -z separate-code to generate separate code PT_LOAD segment.
- Add "-z undefs" command line option as the inverse of the "-z defs" option.
- Add -z globalaudit command line option to force audit libraries to be run for every dynamic object loaded by an executable - provided that the loader supports this functionality.
- Tighten linker script grammar around file name specifiers to prevent the use of SORT_BY_ALIGNMENT and SORT_BY_INIT_PRIORITY on filenames. These would previously be accepted but had no effect.
- The EXCLUDE_FILE directive can now be placed within any SORT_* directive within input section lists.
Change History (2)
comment:1 by , 5 years ago
comment:2 by , 5 years ago
|Status:||new → closed|
Fixed at revision 11354.
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.
I noticed in the announcement (I still do pay attention to those!) that it was referred to as "FSF Binutils" instead of "GNU Binutils"
It might be worth looking into that. I'm curious as to why it was changed.