|Reported by:||Bruce Dubbs||Owned by:||Bruce Dubbs|
New minor version.
sysvinit (2.94) unreleased; urgency=low
- When the halt command is called with the -p flag (or as poweroff) the command now passes the "-h -P" flags to shutdown. This in turn sets the INIT_HALT environment variable to POWEROFF. Assuming this value is checked by initscripts during the shutting down procedure, it should cause the system to be powered off. If halt is called without -p then the value of INIT_HALT is not set and the default action (often set in /etc/defaut/halt) is taken.
- Removed unnecessary malloc.h includes. Memory allocation and freeing is now handled in stdlib.h
- Added defines for FreeBSD to make some components compile on FreeBSD 11.
- Increased the size of the kernel command line buffer in bootlogd from 256 characters to 4096. This size is defined in KERNEL_COMMAND_LENGTH for easy modification downstream.
- Added logsave.c and logsave.8 manual page from e2fsprogs to make sure logsave is available to initscripts.
- Updated src/Makefile to make sure bootlogd compiles with Clang.
- Use defined constants for password length in sulogin. Makes it easier to update/patch later.
- Minor code fixes across multiple source files to avoid buffer overflows, or uninitialized strings.
- Changed the way the "when" variable is used internally in shutdown.c. It starts as a NULL pointer, then might get set as a pointer to optarg, then it might get set to point to an argv parameter, then it might have a string value copied into it, over-writing the original data. We should not risk over-writing internal variables which might get used for something else (it's rude and security risk). Set up "when" as its own buffer that has data from optargs and/or argv copied into it.
- Fixed typo in init.8 manual page.
- Updated text of fstab-decode to explain what the utility does.
Change History (3)
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.