Opened 5 months ago
Closed 4 months ago
New TZ data.
Now verion 2020f
Release 2020f - 2020-12-29 00:17:46 -0800
Change to build procedure
'make rearguard_tarballs' no longer generates a bad rearguard.zi,
fixing a 2020e bug. (Problem reported by Deborah Goldsmith.)
Release 2020e - 2020-12-22 15:14:34 -0800
Volgograd switches to Moscow time on 2020-12-27 at 02:00.
Changes to future timestamps
Volgograd changes time zone from +04 to +03 on 2020-12-27 at 02:00.
Changes to past timestamps
Correct many pre-1986 transitions, fixing entries originally
derived from Shanks. The fixes include:
- Australia: several 1917 through 1971 transitions
- Bahamas: several 1941 through 1945 transitions
- Bermuda: several 1917 through 1956 transitions
- Belize: several 1942 through 1968 transitions
- Ghana: several 1915 through 1956 transitions
- Israel and Palestine: several 1940 through 1985 transitions
- Kenya and adjacent: several 1908 through 1960 transitions
- Nigeria and adjacent: correcting LMT in Lagos, and several 1905
through 1919 transitions
- Seychelles: the introduction of standard time in 1907, not 1906
- Vanuatu: DST in 1973-1974, and a corrected 1984 transition
Because of the Australia change, Australia/Currie (King Island) is
no longer needed, as it is identical to Australia/Hobart for all
timestamps since 1970 and was therefore created by mistake.
Australia/Currie has been moved to the 'backward' file and its
corrected data moved to the 'backzone' file.
Changes to past time zone abbreviations and DST flags
To better match legislation in Turks and Caicos, the 2015 shift to
year-round observance of -04 is now modeled as AST throughout before
returning to Eastern Time with US DST in 2018, rather than as
maintaining EDT until 2015-11-01.
Changes to documentation
The zic man page now documents zic's coalescing of transitions
when a zone falls back just before DST springs forward.
Fixed at revision 12074.
Powered by Trac 1.5.3.dev0
By Edgewall Software
© 1998-2021 Gerard Beekmans.