Opened 18 months ago
Closed 17 months ago
New point version
I get a test failure building it in a completed LFS system:
ERROR: in testcase ./testsuite/runtest.libs/libs.exp
ERROR: send: spawn id exp8 not open
Upstream confirmed the issue. One known workaround is to build dejagnu in a seperate directory from source directory:
Changes since 1.6.2:
1. The internal proc 'is_remote' has been renamed to 'isremote' for
consistency with the other similar procs (eg, istarget). Testsuites
should use this proc. The 'is_remote' proc is deprecated.
2. runtest now accepts --local_init and --global_init options to override
the default of reading "site.exp". See the manual for details.
3. runtest now responds consistently to all Tcl errors and generates an
UNRESOLVED result when a test script aborts. Previously, calling an
undefined procedure would cause the test run to abort while other Tcl
errors produced only an easily-ignored message.
4. runtest now collects Tcl errors encountered during a test run and prints
the collected errors a second time at the end of the test run after the
summary. Separator lines containing more than 10 hyphens are included.
5. A utility procedure relative_filename has been added. This procedure
computes a relative file name to a given destination from a given base.
6. The utility procedure 'grep' now accepts a '-n' option that
includes line numbers in the output, consistent with GNU grep.
7. The target_compile procedure now accepts a "linker=" option that
overrides the compiler selection when producing an executable.
8. The internal default_target_compile procedure now supports compiling
sources in Go (using GCC Go) and Rust.
9. The host_execute procedure no longer insists that the executable be in
the current directory if the file exists under the given name.
10. The host_execute procedure now reads input to end-of-file, to ensure
that the child process will be able to complete instead of being cut
short by a SIGPIPE under unpredictable unfavorable timing scenarios.
11. The match patterns in the host_execute procedure have been revised to
fix timing issues causing test names to be truncated.
12. The host_execute procedure is no longer sensitive to the value of the
"text" global variable.
13. A new multiplex procedure "testsuite" is added for commands retrieving
or providing information about the current testsuite.
14. A command "testsuite file" is added to replace the use of the "*dir"
variables in test scripts.
15. A command "testsuite can call" is added to report the availability of
multiplexed API calls.
16. A new multiplex procedure "testcase" is added for commands examining or
manipulating the dynamic state of ongoing testing.
17. A command "testcase group" is provided for reporting test groups to the
DejaGnu core. Currently, the usage of this command is validated, but
it will affect at least XML output in a future release of DejaGnu.
18. A shell command "dejagnu" is added as a place to hang various
auxiliary commands not directly involved with running tests. The
"runtest" command will remain for that purpose for the foreseeable
19. The first auxiliary command is added: "report card". The "dejagnu
report card" command reads DejaGnu summary files and produces a compact
tabular summary across multiple tools.
20. A Tcl namespace is now used for some internal procedures and variables.
The Tcl namespace ::dejagnu and all child namespaces are entirely
internal and should not be mentioned in testsuite code. Its contents
are subject to change without notice, even on point releases.
21. The DejaGnu testsuite no longer searches for a nearby Expect executable
in the location where it would have been located in the old Cygnus tree
layout. If you want to use a special Expect other than the system
Expect, specify EXPECT=/name/of/expect to "runtest" or "make check".
Fixed at commit 5809826800d8005976be14888ac1f4df21174bbf
Update to bash-5.1.8.
Update to dejagnu-1.6.3.
Update to gdbm-1.20.
Update to libcap-2.51.
Update to man-pages-5.1.
Powered by Trac 1.5.3.dev0
By Edgewall Software
© 1998-2022 Gerard Beekmans.