Opened 16 months ago
Closed 15 months ago
#4969 closed enhancement (fixed)
|Reported by:||Bruce Dubbs||Owned by:||lfs-book|
New minor version.
Change History (4)
comment:1 by , 15 months ago
comment:2 by , 15 months ago
Release 4.10 Latest
Note: From this release forward, su from this package should be considered deprecated. Please replace any users of it with su from util-linux. Please open an issue if there is a problem with that. We intend to remove it in an upcoming release.
This release features many fixes expecially to the building of libsubid, some SELinux labeling issues, and a few signaling issues.
- libsubid fixes (
- Rename the test program list_subid_ranges to getsubids, write a manpage, so distros can ship it.
- Add libeconf dep for new*idmap
- Allow all group types with usermod -G
- Avoid useradd generating empty subid range
- Handle NULL pw_passwd
- Fix default value SHA_get_salt_rounds
- Use https where possible in README
- Update content and format of README
- Translation updates
- Switch from xml2po to itstool in 'make dist'
- Fix double frees
- Add LOG_INIT configurable to useradd
- Add CREATE_MAIL_SPOOL documentation
- Create a security.md
- Fix su never being SIGKILLd when trapping TERM
- Fix wrong SELinux labels in several possible cases
- Fix missing chmod in chadowtb_move
- Handle malformed hushlogins entries
- Fix groupdel segv when passwd does not exist
- Fix covscan-found newgrp segfault
- Remove trailing slash on hoedir
- Fix passwd -l message - it does not change expirey
- Fix SIGCHLD handling bugs in su and vipw
- Remove special case for "" in usermod
- Implement usermod -rG to remove a specific group
- call pam_end() after fork in child path for su and login
- useradd: In absence of /etc/passwd, assume 0 == root
- lib: check NULL before freeing data
- Fix pwck segfault
comment:3 by , 15 months ago
Created shadow-4.10-useradd_segfault-1.patch in the patches git repository.
comment:4 by , 15 months ago
|Status:||new → closed|
Fixed at commit ad89f7b0d63fac3c1bca0e5d11880d97c511f84e
Package updates. Update to e2fsprogs-1.46.5. Update to zstd-1.5.1. Update to expat-2.4.2. Update to shadow-4.10. Update to sysvinit-3.01. Update to linux-5.15.12. Update to iana-etc-20211224. Update to openssl-3.0.1. Update to eudev-3.2.11. Update lfs-latest-git.php currency for new eudev location.
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.
William Harrington reported a segfault running
useradd -Dvia lfs-dev. The fix is at https://github.com/shadow-maint/shadow/pull/482.
I'm unhappy as they could make such a stupid programming error. Even a freshman will get an 'F' in the C programming language class for this.