Opened 21 months ago
Closed 21 months ago
#15535 closed enhancement (fixed)
|Reported by:||Douglas R. Reno||Owned by:||Bruce Dubbs|
New minor version
Change History (4)
comment:1 by , 21 months ago
|Status:||new → assigned|
comment:2 by , 21 months ago
comment:3 by , 21 months ago
This is a big release! What follows is a summary from the 2.51.x release notes; you can also read them for more detail.
The biggest user-visible change is that rsvg-convert has been ported to Rust, and it has new features!
## New features in rsvg-convert
### Support for physical units
rsvg-convert is now aware of physical units, and fixes a bug where PDFs were created at the wrong size. Do you need to render an SVG in a PDF file, scaled to 10x10 cm, placed at a certain position of a landscape A4 page?
### Support for Accept-Language
Previously, librsvg picked up the user's language preferences through environment variables like LANG and LC_MESSAGES. This is inconvenient for applications that call rsvg-convert but don't want to synthesize a LANG variable.
There is a new option in rsvg-convert so you can pass --accept-language=<languages> formatted as an HTTP Accept-Language header. This is used to specify which languages will be chosen from elements with the "systemLanguage" attribute
rsvg-convert's default DPI is now 96, to better match W3C standards. It was 90 before for historical reasons. We can change this back to 90 if it breaks too many scripts. You can use the options "--dpi-x=90 --dpi-y=90" to restore the old behavior.
rsvg-convert no longer supports the "xml" or "recording" output formats. These are useful only for debugging Cairo, not for general usage.
## SVG2/CSS3 features
The following features are supported now. Madds H, John Ledbetter, worked on these features.
- transform property from SVG2; previously librsvg only supported the transform attribute from SVG1.1, which has different syntax.
- context-fill and context-stroke for <marker> and <use> elements.
- markers now support orient="auto-start-reverse".
- paint-order for text elements.
- "auto" values for the width and height attributes of the <image>, <rect>, and <svg> elements.
- All the <filter-function> types from the Filter Effects Module Level 1 specification: blur(), brightness(), contrast(), drop-shadow(), grayscale(), hue-rotate(), invert(), opacity(), sepia(), saturate().
- The filter property now supports chains of uri() filters or <filter-function> shortcuts.
- Support CSS selectors for attribute matching, like rect[attr="prefix"]
## New APIs
See the HTML documentation for details:
- rsvg_major_version / rsvg_minor_version / rsvg_micro_version variables - used to obtain the librsvg version from languages other than C, since they do not have access to the C macros like LIBRSVG_MAJOR_VERSION.
The following APIs are deprecated but still available:
- rsvg_handle_render_cairo() - use rsvg_handle_render_document() instead.
- rsvg_handle_render_cairo_sub() - use rsvg_handle_render_layer() or rsvg_handle_render_element() depending on what you want to do.
Please see the "Migrating from old APIs" chapter in the HTML documentation for details.
comment:4 by , 21 months ago
|Status:||assigned → closed|
Fixed at commit 284be226ec6fc68b90d139b76a393e3ae4f2ceed
Package updates. Update to librsvg-2.52.0. Update to links-2.24. Update to curl-7.79.0.
Test statistics on my system with
make check -k:
740 passed; 173 failed
PASS: 59, FAIL:0