|Reported by:||Bruce Dubbs||Owned by:||lfs-book|
New minor version.
Release notes for 2.52 -- 2021-08-01 17:49:56 -0700
- Revived -std=c89 compilation for make all etc.
- The shared library objects: pam_cap.so, libcap.so and libpsx.so, are all now runnable as standalone binaries!
- The support is used to display some description information.
- To activate it, these binaries need to be installed executable (chmod +x ...)
- We also provided a write-up of how to enable this sort of feature in other .so files here.
- The module pam_cap.so now contains support for a default=<IAB> module argument.
- Enhanced capsh --suggest to also compare against the capability value names and not just their descriptions.
- Added capsh --current support.
- Minor documentation updates.
- Added a contrib/sucap/su.c pure-capabilities PAM
implementation of su.
- This is primarily to demonstrate that such a thing is possible, and to validate that the pam_cap.so module is capable of adding any IAB tuple of inheritables per group or user.
- At this time, it relies on features only present in this version of libcap and HEAD of the Linux-PAM sources for the pam_unix.so module.
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.